I see people's lack of concern about how their not doing their jobs properly impacts the lives of others. I see people who do as little as possible because whether they work or not, they get their pay and can't be removed from their posts. I'm seeing lots of unnecessary work being done and redone, because no one bothers to communicate....
And now I find myself becoming intolerant of their behaviour and needing to keep away from the phone because I am getting to that point where I want to be RUDE!!!!
I have to ask myself some questions:
- Is there anything I can do about it?
- Have I done everything I can to make sure everything moves smoothly as far as it is my responsibility?
- What more can I do?
This thing we are waiting for is a final step in a long line of things we were waiting for. I need to remind myself that God is in control and my frustration should lead me to pray and release any anxiety and surrender it all to Him. Also, a great time to be a testimony of grace under stress! Not my strong suit!
Sigh, what does the Word say about patience?
- Prov 19 v 2: Desire without knowledge is not good, and to be overhasty is to sin and miss the mark.
- Galatians 5 v 22-23: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, PATIENCE, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, SELF-CONTROL; against such things there is no law.
- Colossians 1 v 11-12: May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and PATIENCE with joy, giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light.
- 2 Peter 1 v 6: And in [exercising] knowledge [develop] self-control, and in [exercising] self-control [develop] steadfastness (PATIENCE, endurance), and in [exercising] steadfastness [develop] godliness (piety).
There are so many more scriptures about patience. God's patience with us, our patience with our fellow man, and patience in trials and tribulations.
So, in terms of patience I believe the Lord is encouraging me through the Word to be gracious in the waiting and to trust Him that He is in control. I think He is showing me that patience is a fruit of the Spirit, proof that I am growing in Him and of course, practicing patience is also a reflection of self-control, another fruit of the Spirit. Being patient is not about the situation, nor about what I want! Its about growing in Christ, becoming more like Him, and overcoming! Yes, blessed overcoming.
I want my life to reflect that WAITING is not a big deal! Yup, food for growth!
#wisdom What is the Lord teaching me here about wisdom?
I believe the Lord is teaching me that patience is a tool He uses to refine me. Its not about what I am waiting for, but more about how I handle the waiting. It results in spiritual growth and a more balanced and deep attitude that becomes a testimony to someone else who sees my behaviour in the waiting. A tool that could be used to draw others closer to Him.