So, after that, midway through the year I felt my word might be a bit redundant! Um..... NO! There is so much more I have to trust for. So much more I have to lean into Him and push through for!
- My precious daughters are spreading their wings and experiencing life through their own decisions - I have to trust the Lord with them
- There are plans we have that we believe the Lord has opened doors for - I have to trust Him for those
- My husband is walking a new business path - I have to trust the Lord with and for him as he seeks to do what he feels is right as the bread-winner
- And the list goes on
Yes, this is a year where my trust has been tested BIG time! But I think each new challenge brings a whole new level of trust.
Not only that,
- Do I remember how God came through for me before?
- Will I apply that faith I learnt last time?
- Will that faith rise automatically or will I stub my toe (again) a few times before the truth of the fact that God never changes lights my heart and mind?
So, my word "TRUST" remains one I have to hang onto through this year (and forever). I need to and want to learn to respond automatically in faith to "TRUST" my Lord and Saviour. I do not want these painful lessons to go to waste (or be repeated - urgh).
My encouragement to you today is that your trust in the Lord, operated in faith, is never wasted! Things might not pan out the way you expect, but you can TRUST that His way is ALWAYS the best way!
Joshua 1 v 9: Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
NEXT WEEK: Part 2 - Blind Trust!
Please come back next week as I share what I have learnt by trusting blindly in the Lord
(and this Wednesday for Winsome Wednesday Bloghop :) )