Do you ever read the Word and wonder if your time could've been better spent? Like you didn't get anything out of it? I sometimes do, but I remind myself that reading God's word, whether I get something out of it or not, is obedience! And God honours and rewards obedience.
Haven't you read something, a verse, a chapter, and it... well, meant nothing? But then years later you read the same scripture and its "WOW" I never knew that! I never SAW that!!! That is where the daily digging in His word eventually rewards you with an understanding when you need it.
I was reading these verses the other day and it hit me between the eyes how powerful and rich God's word is:
Psalm 19 v 7 - 11:
- (7) The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul;
- The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple;
- (8) The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart;
- The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes;
- (9) The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever;
- The judgements of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
- (10) More to be desired are they than gold, Yea, than much fine gold;
- Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
- (11) Moreover by them Your servant is warned,
- and in keeping them there is great reward.
Wow! Power! My encouragement to you is to read the word whenever you can and remember that as you do, it is sinking into your very being and tweaking your understanding for a time when you really need it.