From the time he opened his mouth, until the time he sat down, he may as well have been talking to my husband and myself alone. Okay, okay, others are going through tough things too!!!! I had been going through a bit of a pity party where I reckon God hears, God knows, but God is busy elsewhere. Ever felt like that? Well, Grayson Jones pretty much sorted that wrong thinking out.
The service focused on the disciples being stuck in a storm just after feeding the 5000+ with 5 loaves and 2 fish. They were fearful and wondered where Jesus was in all this. (Mark 6 v 45-52)
Mr Jones made some very valuable points for me in his sermon:
- These men were in God's will, Jesus had told them to go to the other side.
- They had done nothing wrong to be in the situation they were in.
- While in the middle of the storm they were using all their energy to keep going, to get to the other side, but they were getting nowhere fast
- Jesus saw them from the hill, He knew where they were and their situation.
- Jesus is in control, He came to them on the water and calmed the storm.
Now this was awesome and freeing for me. Firstly, because immediately the thought that we were going through this horrible storm because of us, disappeared. Secondly, they were in God's will. This storm is right where God wanted us to be. And thirdly and most importantly, God is in CONTROL no matter the weather!!!!
Mr Jones summarized it like this:
- Keep going - push through (God wants to cultivate our faith)
- Keep rowing - doing the daily normal stuff (reading the word, quiet times, praying, trusting, going to church)
- Keep knowing - Remind yourself that His word is Good and True and meant for you
- Keep growing - when we get through the storm, because we went through, we have grown and the rewards are out of this world!!!
See why its so important to go to church? (she says to herself....)
Heb 10 v 25: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.
Linking with these lovely ladies this week:
(You will find links to their bloghops HERE)