Having said that, I know what it is that God expects of me. He expects me to:
- KNOW that He has a plan and purpose for me in this (Jer 29v11)
- PRAISE Him all the time, no matter the circumstances (Ps 34v1: I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise will continually be in my mouth)
- TRUST His word that He has given to us in this circumstance (Isaiah 55v11(a): So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth; it shall not return to Me void)
- REJOICE, praise, thank Him, and (Phil 4v4)
- seek to be OBEDIENT in all things.(Duet 30v10)
I keep having 2 pictures in my head. The first is of walking around the walls of Jericho. I feel like the Lord is saying, "Do it in faith. Trust Me that those walls are coming down."
The second picture is of a lion's den. There seem to be more and more lions added to the den. And I feel God is saying, "Fear not, for I keep their mouths shut and remember Daniel's visit to the den and how it ended."
Yes, walking continuously around big obtrusive walls past which you cannot see is not fun. Its exhausting. Its frightening, its frustrating. But with faith I will keep on keeping on because God does not lie, and He loves His own.
What are the walls in your life? Don't give up hope! God will crush those walls when the time is right. His way for us is way better than anything we can imagine for ourselves. My encouragement to you is to keep on keeping on, KNOWING, PRAISING, TRUSTING, REJOICING! For in due time, the walls will come down.
Linking this week with these lovely ladies (find their links HERE)