- Is it an idol? (TV, sports, hobbies, etc)
- Something that steals your joy, your peace, your time?
- Are you trying hard to please someone? (a spouse, your boss, your children)
- Are you trying hard to excel, achieve?
- Something or someone in your past?
Are any of these things holding you captive?
The word says Christ has come to set the captive free - that is you and me - Luke 4 v 18(b): ... He has sent Me (Christ) to announce release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to send forth as delivered those who are oppressed.
I think we have been set free but we still "feel" the marks and tightness of the shackles so we still "feel" captive. The thing is though, in Christ Jesus, through Christ Jesus, WE HAVE BEEN SET FREE. So, it does not matter how it "feels". It only matters that "it is" as the Word, God's Word, says it is!
This is a space to come and be encouraged. You can link as many posts as you want so long as they bring glory to the Lord. If you have time, please visit the person ahead of you and I am sure you too will be encouraged. I look forward to seeing you here.
Feel free to link up below:
(please note, this linky is open until late Sunday)