Do you sometimes wonder why you don't feel as excited by your life in Christ as much as you did when you first gave your heart to Him? Do you feel like maybe you are further away than you ever were?
I feel like that sometimes. Like I'm getting nowhere fast! And then I got to thinking.....
- I react when hurt or attacked, but not as badly or as over the top as I used to.
- I get hurt when people lie about me, but not as much as I used to
- I get scared when a new storm rages in my life, but not as much as I used to.
- I "feel" more when I see brokenness in others, way more than I used to
- When I see a need I don't just observe it and move on, I help way more than I used to
- When my kids freak out, I'm calm way more than I used to be
- When the economy affects us, I don't stress as much as I used to.
The storms seem bigger the older I get, the issues seem more complex...
I TRUST more, I LEAN more, I RELY on God more! More than ever before! Ultimately, is that not what God wants? More dependence on Him? Maybe its that dependence that makes us feel less in control?
So, Yes, the more I know the more I realise how little I know, the more I'm humbled BUT there has been growth and progress and as Joyce Meyer always says, "I'm not where I should be, but I'm not where I was either." (or something like that).
2 Corinth 3 v 18: But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.
Remember, if you are not bouncing off the walls with joy and fervour, don't be too hard on yourself, you're growing....
Linking this week with these lovely ladies:
You will find links to their bloghops by clicking HERE: