1 Corinth 13 v 4 - 8(a): (The Amplified)
- (4) Love endures long
- and is patient
- and kind:
- Love never is envious
- nor boils over with jealousy,
- is not boastful
- or vainglorious,
- does not display itself haughtily.
- (5) It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride);
- it is not rude (unmannerly)
- and does not act unbecomingly.
- Love (God's love in us) does not insist on its own rights
- or its own way,
- for it is not self-seeking;
- it is not touchy
- or fretful
- or resentful;
- it takes no account of the evil done to it (it pays no attention to a suffered wrong)
- (6) It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness,
- but rejoices when right and truth prevail.
- (7) Love bears up under anything and everything that comes,
- is ever ready to believe the best of every person,
- its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances,
- and it endures everything (without weakening)
- (8a) Love never fails (never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end)!
What a standard to attain to, and how does one achieve this standard?
We don't, not on our own! The answer is: Only God's love in us achieves this standard. We cannot do it without Him.
My encouragement to you is don't wait for someone to dish this kind of love out to you (Jesus already did). Start today, to dish it out to others.
Linking with these lovely ladies this week:
|Joan Jen Jolene Shanda Joan Laura Stacy|
and Hazel at: