I remember chatting to a woman who for a brief period of time befriended me (a Godcidence?) She told me how she was a certain person when she got married and how over the years her husband had tried to change her. Eventually, she became the 'person' he seemed to want and then 4 children later, he dumped her. He did not like the person he had created.
This so resonated with me at the time. I had 2 young children, my marriage was strained, finances were tight and I just didn't feel good enough, I was losing me, and I didn't like who I was turning into!
The turning point came one day when I was feeling very low. I felt like a vapour, of no consequence and suddenly, for some reason the penny dropped, the light bulb moment happened and it dawned on me - God loves me JUST THE WAY I AM. Flaws and all, right here, right now, failures, mistakes, every dark thing, He loved me! I remember thinking to myself , "Who are you not to accept me the way I am if God accepts me?"
That day I started to realise that although I had much changing to do - God wasn't telling me, "Tracy, change first, improve, be perfect - and then I'll accept you." Uh-uh,
- His word says He chose me from the beginning (Eph 1v4: Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes.)
- He knew me in my mother's womb (Ps 139v13)
- He loves me so much long before I desired to change for the better, that He sent His only Son to die for me (John 3v16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life)
- He loves me so much, the way I am, long before I knew that, He knew how many hairs on my head (Luke 12v7: Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows)
- He knows my deepest darkest thoughts and loves me despite them and His thoughts of me are as numerous as the grains of sand (Psalm 139v18: I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!)
I want to encourage you, if you feel worthless, of no value, go seek out in the word How God sees you. Read it out aloud because faith comes from hearing. Your opinion of yourself will most certainly change.
(PS: I've been away all weekend at my daughter's hockey tournament so I am posting a post I posted as a guest post a while ago... )
Linking this post this week with:
|Joan Jen Jolene Shanda Joan Laura Stacy|
And Hazel at: