|Dad - back in the day!|
I was crushed! Because I felt badly for not going the evening before, for not having a final opportunity to witness to him. I felt guilty, a bad daughter! Like I was given an opportunity and threw it away!
And this is how the Lord showed me His grace and mercy:
- Within minutes of the call my sister-in-law showed me her daily devotional for that day. It was about God's timing
- At the home, everyone was gentle and gracious with us
- At the funeral, which was very short, one woman told me she had often told my dad about the Lord. I felt God was telling me that many seeds had been planted in my dad's life over time
- One twitter I read said 'the best 5 words in the bible to them are "we will see His face" '. That stopped me and gave me hope that maybe, just maybe.... my dad saw the light?
- The response of my family and friends on facebook, old and new, was so touching and so humbling and I just thought of how powerful prayer is. Another glimmer of hope for his salvation?
- He showed me His grace with all the support and God "incidences"
- He showed me that my dad had been given lots of opportunities to reach out to Him
- and finally, He showed me that I was placing myself under condemnation, this is not from God.
My encouragement to you is, no matter what you are going through, see God's hand and God's grace in it.
Linking this week with:
Joan of The Beauty in His Grip on Monday for:
Shanda at A Pause on the Path on Tuesday for:
Joan at Reflections of His Grace on Thursday for:
Laura at Beholding Glory on Friday for: