|Looked like a dove when I took it|
Rom 1 v 20: For ever since the creation of the world His invisible nature and attributes, that is, His eternal power and divinity, have been made intelligible and clearly discernible in and through the things that have been made (His handiworks). So men are without excuse [altogether without any defense or justification]
Paul says that God reveals Himself in nature, in all that He has created and in seeing all this, man has NO excuse for not knowing Him and acknowledging Him as the Creator.
- Take a beautiful flower and look at the detail, its amazing
- Look at the animals in the wild and how they all get on with their lives season to season
- Look how everything in nature works together, side by side
- Watch a humming bird sipping nectar
- Look how ordered the universe is, sun by day, moon and stars by night
- An owl hooting, a frog croaking, an elephant trumpeting, a lion roaring, a bee buzzing....
Ecc 3 v 11(a): He has made everything beautiful in its time.
The point of this post was to show that if you observe nature in its beauty and wisdom, you cannot fail to acknowledge God and 'know Him' by His creation. Beauty, wisdom, practicality, majesty, diversity, expression, loving, caring, designer of note, etc.
But while writing this post, another point has become clear to me. God made all of nature, BUT He sent His son to die for US! We are more important to God than anything else.
As it says in Matt 6 v 26: "Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow not reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?