- We seek Him in His word
- Seek His peace in a circumstance
- Reach out for prayer
- Trust in Him for safety
- ASK for His favour
- Lean on His word
This past week I went in for surgery. Before the event I didn't really tell anyone until the last minute and decided that as a Christian I CAN ASK for PRAYER. So I asked some people for prayer, not many, and I prayed because as it got closer to the time your mind starts reminding you of everything that can go wrong, can go wrong, can go wrong, ... I also found that in asking for prayer those people not only offered prayer but great encouragement and everything that was said to me lifted and buoyed me up.
All this led me to go into the operating theatre without any apprehension. I don't even think I was nervous. My upper most thought was, "God is in control."
These are the facts of this event in my life:
- It took 4 hours instead of 1 1/2 hrs ( I don't know why)
- My doctor took great care of me and everything was seen to
- My anesthetist made sure that the pain meds I had were all I needed, I never had to ask for more
- When in the ward I had the bed that was automatic, my roommate had the manual crank up one
- My bed was at the window, with an awesome view and fresh air
- I had lots of prayer coming in from all over that I had not expected but gladly absorbed
- The nurses at first seemed distant but turned out to be awesome and saw to my every need
- The operation has been a huge success
|View from my hospital Bed, Table Mountain!|
I believe I had God's favour! I believe because I turned to Him, He gave me favour! He made it possible for me to see His favour and I believe He deserves ALL the glory for every good thing. So, here and now, I thank you Jesus for your favour in my life and in the lives of all Your children.
My encouragement to you today is to know that because you are a child of the Living God, you have His favour, so act like it, in faith. Even if it does not seem so, know it to be true!
Ps 30 v 5: for His anger is but for a moment, His favour is for life; weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning!
BLOG HOP TIME
Please join with me today for Winsome Wednesday to encourage and be encouraged. No particular post required, just maybe, if you have time, encourage another blogger on the list and hopefully you too, will be encouraged. Look forward to seeing you here!
I invite you to link up below.....