I am no artist but I love colours. I love some for the calming they bring into my life. I always tend to have creams and natural tones in my home for that very reason. I love some colours because they make me feel happy. Its like looking at a painting and just feeling a smile building up inside. I love dramatic colours for the excitement they bring, but then I can only take them for so long and they begin to make me anxious, weird really!
|Exciting and dramatic!|
Right now, I'm thinking that much of what colour does in my life can be related to people who come into my life. Some bring calmness, some excitement, some laughter and joy, and some anxiety, the dramatic ones!!!
|Calming and restorative!|
So, what does colour say to me about the Lord?
God is the creator of all colour - and what we see and experience is probably just a fraction of what He has out there for us. God's colour palette is all around us:
- in nature, bringing calm, and excitement and sometimes fear.
- With people, God's colour to bring variation, challenge, friendship, love and growth into our lives.
- And spirituality, His word, His Son, His peace, His everlasting love, His eternity - these for me are the colours I want to paint my life with.
|A sample of God's palette!|
My post today may seem a bit odd, but that's my take on the word 'color', unedited, unscripted, with a little time taken for a good picture (or 2 :) )
Just so you know - my bloggy friends have brought tons of new and refreshing colour into my life and my life has been more colourful and creative because of God placing you in my life.
Linking with Joan at Reflections of His grace for:
Laura at Beholding Glory for:
The gypsy mama for:
I would also love to thank both Joan of Reflections of His Grace and Crystal of My Life-Shepherd. Both have awarded me the Liebster Blog award. I am truly honoured and humbled as both these lovely ladies have awesome blogs of their own. Please go and check them out if you haven't already. God bless you guys.
I in turn award this blog award to:
- Kendra at Relying on Him for her transparency in Christ
- Kandi at Get out of the boat for her determination to do things Christ's way
- Heidi and Kelli at Mothers on Mission for their heart for the Lord
- Joan and Tricia at Blessings in His grip Prayers for their awesome prayer blog
- Hazel at A Joyful noise and Robert at Musings by Robert who I think are the coolest people blogging and together their wisdom is humbling. Hope I'm even a little like you guys one day!