After all, God is not a man that He would lie. (Num 23v19)
But, before the promise was fulfilled through the birth of Isaac, Abraham and Sarah made their own plan.
We all know Sarah offered her maid-servant, Hagar, to Abraham to fulfill God's promise. They tried to make their own plan, and well, we all know how that turned out...
- Hagar fell pregnant and got prideful and lorded it over Sarah
- Sarah was bitter and jealous
- Abraham was stuck with high womanly emotions and not prepared to sort out the problem for which he was partly responsible.
- Ismael was born into resentment and could not have felt very welcome in his own home
- In the long run, this "plan" led to long term enmity between Israel and Ismael's descendants.
God's way is ALWAYS the best way and all He expects us to do is to trust Him to do as He said He would do. What we don't know is:
- How He will do it, and
|God's timing is always best!|
My encouragement to you - wait on God's promises with trust, patience and a knowing that He will do as He said He would do! And trying to expedite it WILL RESULT IN TROUBLE FOR YOU!!!!
Joining with Jen today at Finding Heaven for: