Lack of faith produces:
- quarrels and fights, from desires for pleasure (vs 1)
- wanting what you don't have, doing what you have to , to get it (vs 2)
- wrong motives (vs 3)
- friendship with the world - which is enmity with God, you can't have both (vs 4)
Vs 6: He gives us more and more strength to stand against such evil desires. As the scripture says "God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble."
Do you want God's grace?
Then you need to be humble, and
- submit to God, resist the devil (and he will flee) (vs 7)
- draw near to God - He will draw near to you (vs 8)
- be remorseful for the wrong you've done (vs 9)
- humble yourself before the Lord, bow down, and admit your dependence on Him (vs 10)
- don't speak bad of one another (vs 11)
- leave judging to God, who are we to judge another? (vs 12)
Great words of wisdom from James for us to mull over.
Joining today with Shanda from A pause on the Path