(13) Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am tempted by God", for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.
(14) But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.
(15) Then when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.
(16) Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren.
|Turn from temptation!|
- You are blessed if you endure and overcome temptation
- You receive the crown of life (probably because God knows the strength of the attack of the enemy)
- You cannot blame God if you're tempted - He cannot be tempted not tempts anyone!
- You can be more easily tempted when you don't spend time with the Lord and in His word.
- The results of falling into temptation can be devastating!
- Wisely, the writer admonishes us not to be deceived.
Prov 14 v 16(a): A wise man fears and departs from evil...
An excellent fitness opportunity - RUN from evil, RUN from temptation.
|No shame in running from temptation|
And remember, 1 Cor 10 v 13: No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.
Linking with Jackie at The way I see it Wednesdays