I had been so confused and disappointed over the last few years because I had been waiting for the Lord to 'rescue' us from all these various situations that had arisen. But God has been showing me that although He could do 'anything to rescue us' that is not the norm. The rescuing comes after the "standing" and the "pushing through."
There are so many examples in God's word:
- Daniel was thrown in the lion's den - God's rescue - the lions didn't touch him and God's judgement came to those against Daniel and were chucked into the den the next day and devoured.
- Joseph was only elevated out of his circumstances after years of going through unfair and undeserved treatment - then God elevated him, - then God esteemed him before his brothers.
- Paul was constantly in and out of jail and miraculously set free and saved
- Jehoshaphat went to the battle, saw his enemies approach. Then God rescued them as they stood firm in Him - and then gave them the victory.
- Shadrack, Meschak, and Abednigo also first faced the furnace, stood firm on God, then He rescued them.
|God always has a way out!|
The scripture above basically confirms this for me. God will walk with us through the hardships and He will rescue us - when we 'stand and wait on Him' - then He will give us the victory. I have so much more peace about that than God just removing all the circumstances and making everything easy. This way we rely on Him and show our trust in Him and our faith grows, despite the circumstances. We also take His power and love for us seriously.
I hope this is an encouragement to you to stand firm no matter what your circumstance.