Eph 4 v 31: Let all bitterness (oops) and indignation (ohoh) and wrath [passion, rage(who me?), bad temper (ok,ok)] and resentment (anger, animosity (me again)) and quarreling (brawling, clamor, contention (ok, who is reading my mind?)) and slander (evil-speaking, abusive or blasphemous language (phew - not this one at least) be banished from you, with all malice (spite, ill-will, or baseness or any kind).(all highlighted stuff added by me)
In short - Let all "stuff" be banished from you!
|Let all that stuff go!|
Not so easy to put into practice, but then God's word also says "all things are possible through Christ who strengthens me".
|Don't let the Root take over!|
Eph 4 v 32: Become useful and helpful and kind to one another, tenderhearted (compassionate, understanding, loving-hearted), forgiving one another (readily and freely - (how?)), as God in Christ forgave you!
(all highlighted stuff added by me)
So God wants me to:
- Banish all 'those' things from my mind
- Replace them with the good things, which entail the practical (helpful, useful) and the spiritual (compassionate, loving), and
- Forgive, as God has forgiven me!
My encouragement to you is:
- Never give up if you feel bitterness in your heart, let God's word help you to unroot it
- Be kind, compassionate and forgiving 'now' to those who have hurt you in the past
- Press forward in faith knowing the God is in control and His word changes you from the inside.
Once we can learn to let go of bitterness and respond in love, an inner peace fills those places in your heart. God is so gracious with us when we put our trust in Him.
Joining with Jen at Soli Deo Gloria sisterhood
Joining with Shanda at On your Heart Tuesdays