There are quite a few 'lessons for daily life' in this chapter. Basically:
- Avoid surety, and what to do if you find yourself in this situation
- Dont be lazy, and what laziness leads to
- Do not commit adultery, why you should avoid it and what happens if you don't
- There is also a list of 7 things the Lord hates
Two things are important here:
- don't give up the race - push through until the end, and
- keep seeking God in His word so He can guide you, 'light your path', to help make your attitude through the race more positive, peaceful and determined.
7 things God hates
- A proud look
- A lying tongue
- Hands that shed innocent blood
- A heart that devises wicked plans
- Feet swift to run to evil
- A false witness who speaks lies
- One who sows discord among family
The verses that stand out for me
v6: Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise.
v20-22: My son, keep your father's command, and do not forsake the law of your mother. Bind them continually upon your heart; tie them around your neck. When you roam, they will lead you; when you sleep, they will keep you; and when you awake, they will speak with you.
v23: For the commandment is a lamp, and law is light; reproofs of instruction are the way of life.
Mainly, that God's word is light and it illuminates my path to make the next step clearer and less scary. His laws, commandments, words of wisdom, stories, and prophecy, all of it - for us - for upliftment, guidance, life, safety, teaching and for the love of us - His children!
What are your thoughts?