Prov 2 starts out by saying that you should seek godly wisdom fervently. Make your ear attentive, directing your heart and mind, applying all your powers to the quest of it (in the ampliphied bible).
If you seek godly wisdom as for silver or hidden treasures, then these are the benefits:
* you will understand the fear of the Lord, and
* find His knowledge
* He is a shield to those who walk uprightly and in integrity
* He guards and preserves your paths
* you will understand righteousness, justice, fair dealing in every area
* you will understand every good path
* skillful and godly wisdom shall enter your heart, and knowledge shall be pleasant to you
* discretion will watch over you
* Godly wisdom will save you from people who delight in evil, from immoral people whose ways lead to hell
And finally, walk in the way of good men, for only the godly with integrity will live in the land.
The verses that stand out for me
v 5: Then you will understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God
v 10: When wisdom enters your heart, and knowledge is pleasant to your soul.
v 11: Discretion will preserve you; understanding will keep you.
I really love v 10 because it tells me that as I seek wisdom it will enter my heart and fill my being and become part of me. It'll infuse me. I love it!
What have I learnt from Prov 2?
* Seek God's wisdom passionately, with everything that is in you
* His wisdom will give you understanding and teach you how to deal fairly in every area and relationship
* His wisdom will protect you in all circumstances and from those whose motives are evil
* Wisdom will enter your heart, becoming part of your being
* walk in the way of good men with integrity, follow good godly examples
Its also interesting to me that in Proverbs, God often says, 'The wise behave in this manner and are safe, but the foolish behave in this manner and are cut off.' Its an admonishment to do right, yes, but its also tells the person doing evil that there are consequences for their actions.
What stands out for you?