This weekend friends pop by unexpectedly and though unwillingly, tell us of lies been said about us and although this is something we are aware of, it kind of gets you when you are already down. By the time these friends left I was feeling weepy, bitter and let down by the waiting process....
And so I leaned into God's word! And let me tell you, I may be waiting on Him for something big, a dream I thought near impossible... I may think that the time is jusssssst stretching.....
He answered me straight away with regards to this hurt, these lies:
- I started reading where I left off in Psalms and see this.... Ps 62 v 6: He only is my Rock and my Salvation; He is my Defense and my Fortress, I shall not be moved. God is telling me, "Yes, he is still spreading lies, but don't be moved by it! I am your Rock, your Salvation, your Defense".
- And then I read further: Ps 63 v 3-4: Because Your loving-kindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You, (4) So will I bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name. Like living water refreshing my soul! I am His, He is mine and His loving-kindness is better than life (and all its hurts and disappointments).
- And then the Lord spoke right into the heart of my hurt... Ps 63 v 11: But the king shall rejoice in God; everyone who swears by Him; every such one shall glory, for the mouths of those who speak lies shall be stopped. HE WILL STOP THE LIES! I rejoice in the Lord because He alone is faithful and just!
- I read Psalms in desperation and chapter 63 v 3-4 jumped out at me
- During the course of the day Pinterest hit me with....Ps 63 v 3-4
- A little later, facebook slayed me with Ps 63 v 3-4
- And.... as I cleared my phone of messages before bed, you got it, my reading for the next morning.....Ps 63 v 1-4.
I am humbled, I am grateful, and I am encouraged!
I hope in turn I have encouraged you.